Oral interpretation and language teaching's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 05, 2006

creative writing: February 2006

creative writing: February 2006The Cave of Time
“Let me take a bath.” You thought.
Though you were taking a bath, actually you were reflecting. “How can I find
where Dr. Floyd is? Wait, he was dead, wasn’t he? But my sixth sense told me...
Anyway, Why don’t I take a comfortable bath first.” Splash! All of a sudden, the
water in the bathtub was all sucked into the pipe, and so were you! You shouted,
“Ahh...”
“Where is it am I ? Help, Help... Did I die again?” “Where is it? Help, Help... Did I die
again?” “Echo? So there must be an exit for me to get out of here.” said you
surprisingly. You walked along the pipe; mice, cockroaches, and spiders bit your feet.
After walking and searching for the exit for a long time, you finally found a beam of
light. While you were fast running toward the light with expectation, not only the light
suddenly disappeared, but also all the other things. You became alone again.
You heard someone’s footsteps coming, but they presently died gradually faded
out as you called for help. “Anybody here? Hello!”
“Meow!” It was just a cat you heard.
“A cat? How did it come here?” You doubted.
“Meow!” It suddenly ran away.
“Cat, wait!” You follow the cat’s footfalls, and finally found a man.
“Thanks God! Sorry, is it your cat?” said you excitedly.
“Actually not. It is my cookie.”
“Cookie? It’s unbelievable. You are kidding, aren’t you?”
“No, I’m not. I am a magician, and I can turn everything into what I want.” He said it
proudly and seriously.
“Wow! Nice to meet you. My name is Prescott.”
“Nice to meet you, too. My name is Fleve.”
“Fleve. Hum... a nice name...”
1. Ask him for help.

2. “Fleve” is an unusual name. I’d better leave now.

No comments:

Post a Comment